Re: [Epic] Re:Gorgon assault co.

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 00:19:59 -0700 (PDT)

---Ken Taborek wrote:

> > The rules for Gorgon assault companies were published in the same
> > White Dwarf as were published the IG super heavy tank companies.
(I'm
> > guessing around the release of Armies of the Imperium- about issue
> > 165?)
> >
> > Christian
> >

> I have never heard of this before, and I spent a long time tracking
down
> all the rules I didn't have access to when I first got into Epic. I
was
> pretty rabid about it, and questioned veteran players mercilessly.
Up to
> now, I thought I had a complete set. Is this in print somewhere on
the
> web? I've also never seen it on any Epic website.
> Maybe I would have fielded the Gorgon Co if I had seen these rules.
:(
> Yeesh, yet another reason to hate GW. "Oh, by the way, you've got to
> subscribe to our house organ and buy up a bunch of back issues (if
they're
> still in print) if you want to use certain miniatures/unit types.
Welcome
> to the Games Workshop hobby."
>
> --Ken

I don't know of anywhere on the web that these rules are published.
It really is quite weird, because they were published as a teaser for
Armies of the Emperium, and they weren't even in it!. But really,
there's nothing to it. Same cost, BP, everthing as a Gorgon co, but
you get assault troops instead of tactical ones.

Christian.

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109