[Epic] Re:[EPIC] Ordo Malleus

From: Harlequin Master <harlequin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 21:14:55 +0100

Thanks for all the comments on my OM detchment.
There has been considerable talk about OM getting into combat, so how's
about this.

Teleportation Rules.

Stands that are to be teleported go on SPECIAL ORDERS.

Telporting troops are deployed on the battlefield at the end of the
SHOOTING PHASE.

For each stand in the detachment, take a numbered counter.

Mark on a piece of paper the numbers that corrospond to a particular stand
i.e. no.1
is for Inquisitor Lord, 2 for Terminator, etc.

From a height of 30cm off the table, drop the counters.

If a counter lands off the table, it has been lost in teleportation and
destroyed.

If a counter lands on another stand, then move the counter off the stand
and place it
next to the stand, teleporters have an inbuilt safety mechanism to prevent
teleporting
troops from appearing on/in other stands.

After all counters have landed, replace them with the stands indicated on
the piece of paper.

Any enemy units within 10cm of teleporting stands may perform SNAP FIRE.

Any teleporting stands that have survived may then move in the ASSAULT
PHASE as normal.
Telporting troops always move first in the ASSAULT PHASE, regardless of who
has the
initiative, this represents the lightning attack of teleporting troops.

Continue with the ASSAULT PHASE as normal.

In subsequent turns, assuming teleporting troops have survived, they may be
given any orders
that are appropiate eg MARCH, ASSAULT, etc.

NOTE. Only an Ordo Malleus detachment completely made up from infantry
units may teleport.

Any comments/suggestions for these rules are most welcome.

Here are some answers to OM questions:-

>Christian Nielsen wrote :
>Grey Knights ALWAYS wear terminator armour.

Not so, I have the original Chaos books from where the OM are first
mentioned and there are
power armour equipped troops available.

>Christian Nielsen wrote :
>Limit 1 OM detachment per army.

Sound idea. Make it so! (Sorry, watching ST:TNG whilst composing email :)

>Christian Nielsen wrote :
>OM detachments only deployed against Chaos.

See above answer.

>Carl Woodrow wrote :
>How balanced are OM troops.

I took a full detachment of OM against my best friend's HUGE chaos army and
they did pretty
much as I expected - they assaulted the daemons and were destroyed but not
before taking
over half of his daemons with them :)

>David Lado wrote :
>Have the OM charge in on Thuderchickens (Thunderhawks but painted yellow
with
>red cobs!)<-------David didnt write the last bit i did, sorry :)

What would you do if you saw a horde of T-Hawks painted in OM colours and
heading your way?
Exactly, SHOOT THE MOTHERS!! I see the OM as a bunch of sneaky gits who
love to pounce on
unsuspecting daemons and kick their butts! :)

>David Lado wrote :
>Give the OM the psyker upgrade.

I thought about giving every OM stand a psyker upgrade but it would make
the OM stands too expensive.
So I just gave them the x2 assault value bonus instead :)

>Kaare Myltoft wrote :
>If you are fielding a part of this chapter, then it should be possible to
field vehicles
>as well.

OM dont really have any vehicle support and therefore I have not allowed
any. OM are quick, sneaky and
dependable troops to go dAemon hunting and shouldnt really be tied to a
vehicle, drop pods or teleporting
are their speciality :)

>James Nugent wrote :
>How would this (Ordo Malleus ability) work with the Hero skill? Always
double?
>Against Daemons would he be quadruple?

An OM Inquisitor Lord would have his Assault Value raised to 12 but bare in
mind that there is only one of
him and he is supposed to be a very tough anti-daemon dude! this Lord has
faced many Daemons through
his life and has learnt to overcome them with psychic powers and sheer
determination and belief in the Emperor :)

I would like to thank everyone for their input on my OM detachment :)

Any more suggestions gratefully received :)

Harlequin Master

"We leap, we dance, we bring DEATH!"