Re: TR: [Epic] More Fiction

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 03:35:30 -0700

Emmanuel BLONDIAUX wrote:

> Alan,
>
> "The more things change, the more they stay the same." should be
>
> translated as follow :
> "Plus les choses changent, plus elles restent les m�mes..." or
>
> something like that. What do you think about this Emmanuel?
>
> French is not easy : what do you think about this ?
>
> Je ne connaitrai pas la peur car la peur tue l'esprit. La peur est la
> petite mort qui conduit � l'oblit�ration totale.....
>
> 2 letters can help you : BG.

My french is almost nonexistent, but this looks like the beginning of
the bene gesserit litany against fear.. I will not fear, fear is the
mind killer. Fear is the little death that leads to total
annihilation..

Could Frank Herbert's Dune universe be somewhere in the past of the epic
timeline? Interpreting dune history as being from the age of strife,
the current emperor is descended from the god emperors. Technology in
the dune universe, although not detailed in any major way, certainly has
the feel of relics from the dark age of technology. Humanity is an
infant psychic race, due to the bene gesserit and the emperor's genetic
breeding programs...
Maybe :)

Lemm