Re: [Epic] GW - Italian policy

From: Giancarlo Mauri <mauri_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:58:27 +0200 (METDST)

>You wrote :
>>Maybe this will be unintresting for you, but the only copy of E40K I
>>had
>>access to is owned by a friend of mine who bought it in UK. It is
>>otherwise
>>impossible to find the game in Italy because there are no GW stores,
>>and
>>the other shop owners say that GW won' t send them anything until
>>they
>>complete the Italian translation, whose date has been posposed month
>>after
>>month.
>>Are they doing similar things in other non English speaking
>>countries (ie
>>France)?
>
>No GW store in Italy? Is this possible?
>I can't believe that Epic 40k has not been translated into Italian
>
>yet! The game is sold in France since May and I thought that we were
>
>the last country waiting for it...
>
>Francois Bruntz
>Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)
>
>Please visit my Epic page :
>
>http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

In fact I can' t understand this, because normally we are ahead on the
matter of translations (maybe because gaming companies know that English
isn' t as well known in Italy as in other European countries).
We had 2nd Ed in a short time, and we were the first country to receive MtG
and D&D translations.
It seems like GW has decided to cut off Italian market.
Or maybe they just had some sort of problems, who knows.