Re: [Epic] tyranid Question...

From: Felipe Cintron <maelstorm1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:20:15 -0600

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:30:07 -0400 "Erik K. Rutins" <snowdo1_at_...>
writes:

>> genestealers and one stand of tyranid warriors got beat by 3
>> Whirlwinds!!! yes you read right... in the old system this was
>allmost
>
>As far as I can tell, your tyranids didn't get beat by three
>whirlwinds, but by nearly a company of space marines. If you think
>the
>+1 for each stand within 15cm is because they turn, watch and moon
>you,
>think again...
>
>Seriously, though, considering 18 stands of space marine troops within
>15cm, I really don't think you have a legit. complaint here. If you
>lined up a few tyranids on one side of a 40k board and half a company
>of space marines within half bolter range on the other side, how many
>tyranids do you think would survive to shred a whirlwind? On a 5+,
>you
>shoulda killed one and he shoulda killed 2/3 of ya. Seems reasonable
>to me.
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik
>
>"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
>up, if you will ever dig."
>- Marcus Aurelius

But you seem to omit one thing.. in 40k one cannot fire into hand to had
unless you take hits also...and... your must follow targeting rules in
40k... Size Class... oviously this was disregarded in the new system..
also.. blast markers don't even exist in 40k

now one more thing... Where did the Hand to hand phase go?? oviously this
game has none..

just 3 shooting phases.. kinda leaves the tyranids hanging in the wind..

1. Shooting phase (not including special orders)
2. Assault phase (now i think this is rieally just another shootingphase)
3. Fire fight phase (geez shoot up more hand to hand troops won't ya)

I wana use these phases in 40k and wolf guards they'll never loose...