Re: [Epic] tyranid Question...

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 00:10:26 -0400

> But you seem to omit one thing.. in 40k one cannot fire into hand to
had
> unless you take hits also...and... your must follow targeting rules
in
> 40k... Size Class... oviously this was disregarded in the new
system..
> also.. blast markers don't even exist in 40k

Well, the designers state that a firefight could represent 4 turns of
40k with maneuvering and some shooting. It would stand to reason that
a CC would be similar. The units don't just remain static, no doubt
quite a few of those marines took it upon themselves to run up and keep
you from the whirlwinds. You don't have to actually move 'em to
visualize it, that's what the +1 for support in CC represents. They're
not close enough to have as big an impact as if they started the
hypothetical 40k game in HTH, but they're close enough to start on the
board. Also, you always have the option of fighting an assault or
firefight as a 40k skirmish and applying the results, it'll just take a
heck of a lot longer and probably turn out similar.

In my one game against Tyranids in Epic 40k so far, they had no
problems munching everything in sight during the hand to hand phase.
Basically, the only hope was to keep shooting and try to firefight the
flanks to make them retreat and regroup (very briefly, since they
auto-pass Leadership tests).

I'm no 40k guru, but I think you're denying reality if you think that
that assault would have worked out differently in 40k with all those
marines nearby. Next time, just bring more of your troops and try to
take on positions that don't have a ton of support waiting nearby and
you'll be much more pleased.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius