Re: [Epic] E40K:Tyranids Suck!!!

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 00:18:38 -0400

> Um, for starters, I don't what happened with you post, but I recieved
> 5 posts of the same message with different headers (at least, they
> all look the same...)

Me too, forgot to mention this...

> "Any other units _from the detachment involved in the combat_ which
> are with 15cm of the enemy each add a further +1 to the total..."

Whoops, excellent catch. I didn't even notice this in his example, but
you are absolutely right about that.

> RESULT: both sides add 1 BM and roll again.

Exactly and the Tyranids will likely win the next roll.

> Also, each side rolls a number of dice for inflicting casualties
> equal to the number of units they have in CC (3 for the SM,
> 6 for tyranids), so the most units he can kill is 3.

Right. Man, good thing you read this through carefully! ;-) (unlike
me)

> tactical maneuver. An assault is an integrated strategy, not a
> headlong charge (well, not as much :). I like this aspect,
> since it makes pushing the pieces around important, in addition
> to having the right units for the job.

I agree wholeheartedly and that's as good a summary of how I feel about
most of the E40k game design as I could ever have made.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius