Re: [Epic] [EPIC] Inquisitor cost

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

---Scott Shupe wrote:

> Christian Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > One Ordo Malleus Inquisitor...............52 points
> > Consists of 1 Space Marine unit (Hero, Psyker)
> >

> I like it, with the exception of the Thawk - flyers
> would have to be in a detachment by themselves just because
> of the chain-o-command rules (being off-board is probably
> outside of the Inquisitor's command radius). But otherwise
> this is much more reasonable than double AF vs daemons for
> 2 points... Also, the Inquisitor should be 60 points - 35 for
> SM + Hero, Psyker, and then 25 more for the detachment HQ.
>
> Scott
> shupes_at_...

Yeah, I know what you mean (SM Librarian)... BUT, a SM Librarian
detachment HQ costs 60 points, same as an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
(from the Armies book), and rthe Inquisitor gets the Commander skill!
So you can see that I took the original Ordo Malleus unit (60 points)
and subtracted the Commander skill (which I figure costs about 8
points). Obviously, a Supreme commander Inquisitor chould cost less
than one that commands a task force (who doesn't have the Supreme
Commander skill). Makes more sense to base the new price on the
existing OM Inquisitor, not on a Space Marine Librarian.

Christian

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109