Re: [Epic] Transport units

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:17:52 -0700 (PDT)

---David Lado wrote:

> They you won't like the answer :(. There is nothing in the rules
> to say they can't. Also on page 15 of the battles book, under
> Reserves it says:
>
> "A detachment which is transporting another detachment (such as
> a transport flyers or a war engine for example) is treated as a
> single detachment for purposes of rolling for reserves."
>
> So, as you point out, it is quite possible to put the transport on
> different orders from the unit it carries. For example, you could
> put the transports on march orders and the unit being transported
> on overwatch.
>
> David

True, but it wouldn't help you much. On page 13 of the rulebook, it
states that overwatching troops may move up to 5 cm in the movement
phase. You could easily interpret this to mean you cannot move the
model more than 5cm, not just that the model can only use 5cm of it's
own movement. And seeing that it costs 5cm to get into or out of a
transport, this means that transports on march orders carrying
overwatching troops could only move up to 5cm befor disgorging the
troops, otherwise they would be violating the overwatch rule. ie.
transports carrying overwatch troops can only move up to 5cm.

Christian

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109