RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report - Eldar vs Imperial (very brief)

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:46:58 -0500

>>> ----> Now Now, remember this is Epic+ (plus) which is now Striking
>>> Scorpion Free!!
>>
>><grin> Yes, the aspects are all a happy family now, but don't forget
>>that the new Eldar boxes do include Striking Scorpion figures, so
>>they're not _really_ gone.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>- Erik
>>
>----> Sure - the techmarine and medic figures ain't buyin that,
>though...
>
>Oh, they don't put them in the boxes anymore? The new eldar sprues have the
>same guys as the olds ones, just in the right numbers to make full stands :).
>That and they give you a new plastic farseer, which is kinda kool. I thought
>they might, because eldar still give you all the aspects, even though they
>are all the same.
>-----------------------------------------------------James
>Nugent----------------------------------------

-----> Heck, they come in the main game - they didn't even used to HAVE
seperate figures for TM's and meds, but they had rules for them. Now we
have the figures for them, and no rules. They just get to hang around on
command stands and make the boss look good. It's nice they put enugh to
make full stands of aspect warriors - always used to hate that little
trick. Unfortunately, now you have the right mix of mini's but they're
all the same in game terms !
        Same thing happened with some of the lead units too - I always used to
get an extra gobsmasha, or hop-splat gun, or wartrak in the blisters,
and you could never use them except as maybe scenery. Now, You can take
units in ones & twos, but they pretty much all the same - Gutrippa,
gobsmasha, bonebreaka, spleenrippa - they're all the same. GW is always
getting ripped about chasing $$, you'd think they'd keep the different
units in the game, as you have to spend more to get them all. With a new
edition, there's a chance to redo all those different mini's, and sell
MORE. (Boy, it's weird being on this side of the argument)
        Anyway, enough whining. I like the game, I just think I may have had
more fun with the old, cranky, inelegant system...

Chris Miller