RE: [Epic] New to Epic

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:40:04 -0400

        Because GW sounded a lot like politicians at an election
rally. They mak=
e lots of promises about E40k and then don't make good
on their word.

The =
big one, of course

Q: Will our old miniatures be usable in the new system?=

A: Absolutely! No doubt about it! (About that emphatic, though the
words=
 are a bit off)

I'd like to see you put your Knights and Squats to good us=
e without
using unofficial rules like Citadel Journal.

I was fortunately n=
ot to make more than one stand of Exarchs. The
only thing I can even try t=
o use my Exarch stand for now would be for
a stand of Swooping Hawks with E=
xarch. And it's not a good fit.

They too out a lot of the units that gave=
 the 40k universe more
character, like IG Assault squads and bikes, and the=
 Orky
unreliability and inconsistency between their units.

        (That said, I'=
m willing to play either game. But you're going
to have to put up with my =
older miniatures. And stop asking why that
SHV looks so small. It was a W=
arp Hunter.)

That, and all the new stuff is so expensive!

By the way, I m=
ade up stats for a Tempest, and a Exarch stand.

Tempest Engine of Vaul
Tem=
pest 2xDeath Ray
                2 Fp (Hull weapons)
Cost=132 points.
Alternativly,=
 you could give it 1 Death Ray, and cost of 110
I figure 110 for a tank wit=
h 1 death ray, + 22 for the extra one. The tempest lasers were as good as v=
olcano cannon.

Exarchs:(This is a stand of ALL exarchs)
Mv Range Fp AF A=
rmour Special
15 45 2 4 4+ Hero, Jump Packs
Cost: 34 Pts.

Under bodyguards=
 for the supreme commander put:

Exarch 34 pts
        1 stand of Exarchs

Basicly=
, this is Aspect +Heavy Weapons +Hero +Jump Packs. Except I didn't want the=
 Hero and Heavy weapons to cancel each other. So I had to make a new stat l=
ine.
Just an Idead. Also, they are only avalable as bodyguards, so they see=
m balanced.