[Epic] New to Epic

From: P.C.Green <pcgreen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:06:17 +0800

I'm new to Epic and this list, and I have a few questions about
Epic40k and Epic(ie the the old edition).

First some background. I've been playing WH40k for about a year and a half.
Recently my cousin(my regular opponent) bought Epic40k. We've played a couple
of games and have just about got the rules down pact( we were doing things
like letting all war engine hits cause critical damage! :). The extreme
simplicity of the game was at first (and still to a fair extent is) off putting
but I like the way it's what you do with your troops rather than there
potency/armarment etc. I hate Fate cards and think that their should just be a
psychic phase like what I know about the old Epic.

My question is should I buy the old Epic (and if so do I get Space Marine
or do I only need Titan Legions) or should I get Epic40k.

To help me answer this question I would be grateful if someone could explain
the
close combat system for Epic. I know it revolves aroud Close Assualt Factors but
thats about it.

Any other comments on the two systems would be apreciated but I understand
that you've probably already had this discussion (sp?) and don't wan't to
have repeat everything again.