Re: [Epic] Map Movement

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 12:34:47 -0700

Michael & Catherine Goh wrote:

> At 05:16 19/07/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Sauron1 writes;In my proposed campaign,I planto use a set of maps of the
> >French/Belgium border in 1:100000 scale or 1cm=1km.For map movement
> >simplicity I thuoght that if ijust let board movement equal road movement
> >it would work out.
> >For example
> >Orc Battle wagon board movement is 25cm per turn so Orc Battle wagon map
> >movement is 25 Km per day
> >
> >Infantry movement is 10cm per turn so Infantry map movement is 10km per
> >day
> > Please comment! sauron1
> >
> Sounds cool - also sounds like lots of maintenance on the map. Are you
> going to have a GM who maintains everyones turns so that no one knows
> exactly what everyone else is up to?
>
> TTFN
> Mike

Sauron1 writes;The map covers the area Abbervile on the coast to Charleville-Mazieres
in the east. And from Leon in the south to Dunkerque in the north.The orcs are in the
mountains around Charleville,The Eldar in the French river valleys,the Squats in the
Lile-Mauberge area,with the Imperials occupying the rest.Units organization is
Epic2nd on Epic40k organization sheets.Movement and orders are based on actual
locations on the maps.Battle loses are based on who holds the field after.Winner has
double the chance of the looser in recovering damaged vehicles.Titans totally
destroyed are gone,damage repair is per the rules.Removed infantry bases are 50%
recoverable.Air recon & comat,fog of war and arrival of forces is per the new
rules.There is nothing marked on the maps as to any units location.I am the GM for
the campaign.I hope to start the campaign in August and I will post updates to the
group. sauron1