Re: [Epic] E40K:Tyranids Suck!!!

From: Felipe Cintron <maelstorm1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 05:08:43 -0600

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:07:17 +0800 Michael & Catherine Goh
<cmgoh_at_...> writes:
>At 11:30 18/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> Rules aren't clear, but I asked this a little
>>while ago and the consensus seemed to be that 'Save'
>>doesn't do anything for you in this case. Reasoning:
>>'Save' gives you a 1/2 chance of not taking damage
>>from a hit, but broken units within 15cm of the enemy
>>don't take any hits, they are "destroyed."
>>
>>Scott
>>shupes_at_...
>>
>But then again - a hit usually means the target is dead. Regarding
>war
>engines it states on page 43 that they don't retreat ... they don't
>take a
>hit for failing to retreat. This could be interpreted as saying you
>take a
>hit if you don't get out of the 15cm zone.
>
>TTFN
>Mike

The way i understand it is if the unit it BROKEN and still within 15 cm
of any enemy unit then that unit is destroyed..

semms that since as long as tyranid Hivemind creatures (Hive Tyrants or
Tyranid warriors) in that detachment are still arround you never do break
the detachment so they would not be destroyed if they did not move out of
the 15 cm range .. i strongly suggest that if they did loose in the
Assault phase that they go ahead and move out to 16 cm so they won't get
into a fire fitght remember the rule states that the unit is beaten back
and MAY MOVE UP TO 20 CM not that they have to move 20 cm. since youre
not broken the unit is not destroyed..

sounds spiffy to me for those units with 18 Tyranid warriors leading the
detachment...
(yeah sick i know)

Maelstorm