Re: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:50:20 +0800

At 11:52 18/07/97 -0500, you wrote:
>ahem. let not forget eldar stuff
> 90cm, have a BM

but quite expensive compared to say the Nurgle Engine for 31 points. I
wouldn't be too bothered about the minimum range because you want it for the
longer range anyway.

> 60cm, have a large load of AT shots,plus BM

This is pretty nasty.

>ork stuff
> 45cm, have some FP,if hit, get a BM
> 30cm, Deth Ray, just don't roll a 1 B-), have a BM
>
>as an Ork player, i would GLADLY take a 60cm AT shot in place of a 30cm DR

I like the Tyranid biovores a lot - infantry with 60cm disruption and
artillery for 20 points.

>There used to be many ways to skin an Eldar, just in E40k, most of those
>ways are gone.

Maybey you just haven't found it yet.

>Besides, this gives me the excuse to say"ELDAR CHEEZE!"
>
>I feel much better now.
>
>mike

Well I played against an Imperial player with Eldar and defeated him
soundly, people cried Eldar cheese. I then used a Tyranid army vs his
Imperials and won with a greater margin - people cried Tyranid cheese - "GW
tends to favour Eldar and Tyranids". I then decided to take an Imperial
army against his Imperial army and won yet again - I think Land raiders are
one of the nastiest unit/points you can get. I then went back to playing
Eldar when my 14 year old younger brother played his first game with Orks
and butchered me. I don't think the Eldar army is cheesy, especially when
things like farseers cost 75 or 90 points as detachment commanders compared
to a superior librarian at 60 points.

TTFN
Mike