RE: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:38:54 -0400

> Actually, the Nightspinner isn't that good. It cost the same as
> imperia=
l artillary that can actually hurt things. Also, engines of Vaul
>are overp=
riced. For the same amount you could get 3 Landraiders(105 pts)
>that have =
6 At shots(as opposed to D6). Also they have better armour and
>fire as veh=
icals.

true, but most units look bad Vs. Landraiders. LR need to cost m=
ore for
what they do.

Your probably true, a better comparison would be the=
 Cobra, which is outragesly over priced. A distort cannon is no where near =
as good as a deth ray, but they seem to cost the same(the cannon has shorte=
r range, and worse to hit)

> Don't the speedsta's have 45 cm range? Stop=
 me if I'm wrong but...
>I was pretty sure it was 45 cm.

only 30cm. it's =
45 on the gargant

Mystake, you were right. I didn't have my book handy whe=
n I wrote this.

> as an Ork player, i would GLADLY take a 60cm AT shot in=
 place of a 30cm DR

> How about we compramise, 60cm DRs for everyone :)

=
everyone except SM/IG ;)
Who already have them, of course. They are the onl=
y ones who have all the weapons. Eldar have no barrages, heavy barrages or =
mega cannon(how about you can fire a pulsar as a megacannon also? Personall=
y, I'd rather have the At shots, but it fits with what it used to do.)

>>=
 We all realize that using FP against +6 armor doesn't work

> I agree wit=
h you there. Actually, it would be nice to have things
> with a 6 armour. I=
 bet you agree with me there.

yep

What I sort of wish they had done inst=
ead of making a whole new game was keep the 2ed game engine(i.e same CC sys=
tem, for shooting do roll to hit, roll to save). And just clean up the spec=
ial rules. Doomweavers do this, Shokk attack guns do this, ect.

>they s=
hould. although, in 2Ed all races had things that were cheesy in
>sufficien=
t numbers, I tried not to field these things in large enough
> numbers to d=
o so. Eldar had wave serpants, Orks had Weirdboy towers,
> Squats had overl=
ords, everyone had something.

all the above have been purged, esp. the s=
quats.

except now the SM have cheeze LR with "extra" WD rules for death co=
. etc

Eldar and IG just seem bad as they have some real long range stuff, =
but
suffer in other areas.

The IG are probably still wondering where the G=
orgons and assault troops
are.

I think just about everyone has stuff that =
is missing. The IG are better than most, they didn't loose to much. Eldar l=
ost their entire warrior class and the Orks lost, I don't know how many tan=
ks. Everyone lost titan weapons. I think the IG did better than most, cons=
idering most people didn't use gorgons.

----------------------------------=
-
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns =
in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and =
precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumpti=
on of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
=