RE: [Epic] RE: Eldar miniatures

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:25:18 -0400

At 07:08 18/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Oh, they don't put them in the boxes anymore? The new eldar sprues have the
same guys as the olds ones, just in the right numbers to make full stands
:). That and they give you a new plastic farseer, which is kinda kool. I
thought they might, because eldar still give you all the aspects, even
though they are all the same.
>-----------------------------------------------------James
Nugent----------------------------------------

Apparently they also have warp spiders in them. Are they nice? I am a
little hesitant to purchase another box - I already have 3 of the first
Eldar warhosts - 2 boxes of which are on the old bases and the third I just
based using the new ones.

Here is what is in the eldar infantry boxes(bought one for the heck of it).
Most of the models are the same, other than being slightly larger, with slightly larger bases.

(1 squad of, unless mentioned otherwise)
Striking Scorpions(Not to be confused with large tanks with pulsars :)
Howling Banshees
Wraithguard
Scouts
Dark Reapers
Harliquins(2 squads)
JetBikes (2 squads, ie. 6 bikes)
Swooping Hawks

New Guardians.(7 squads, they have shuriken catapults instead of lasguns)
New war spiders(1 squad, pretty cool looking)
For characters;
1 Warlock
2 Exarchs(the guys with BIG wings)
2 New Farseers(New model, looks good)

It seems the Dire avengers and Fire Dragons bit it, despite being common enough aspects in 40K. Oh well.
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore