RE: [Epic] E40K:Tyranids Suck!!!

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:00:44 -0400

At 08:35 AM 7/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> semms that since as long as tyra=
nid Hivemind creatures (Hive Tyrants
>or
>> Tyranid warriors) in that detac=
hment are still arround you never do
>break
>> the detachment so they would=
 not be destroyed if they did not move
>out of
>> the 15 cm range .. i stro=
ngly suggest that if they did loose in the

>Tyranids break just like ever=
yone else. Just that as long as they have
>the hivemind, they automaticall=
y rally in the next rally phase.

Actually that is not true. On page 97 of =
the armies book:

  Synapse Creatures:
Tyranids always pass any Leadership =
tests they are required to make if a
swarm has any Synapse creatures still =
alive. Test for Leadership as normal
if a swarm has no surviving Synapse c=
reatures. In addition, a Tyranid
detachment can never be broken if it stil=
l contains Synapse creatures. If
the detachment loses a close combat or fir=
efight it must retreat as normal,
but the detachment is not marked as broke=
n. This means it may be able to
counter-attack those who tried to drive it=
 off. Note that all Tyranid war
machines count as Synapse creatures.

I wo=
uld think, that since they have to retreat, they would still be destroyed =
for ending up withing 15cm. Another interesting point, are do units out of =
command distance get this bonus, for instance if a bunch of hormogaunts are=
 50 cms from theri Hq, can they break, fail ld, ect?
----------------------=
-------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law s=
till reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by pre=
cedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorr=
ect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infin=
ity's Shore