RE: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:56:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, James Nugent wrote:

>> true, but most units look bad Vs. Landraiders. LR need to cost more for
>> what they do.
>
> Your probably true, a better comparison would be the Cobra,
> which is outragesly over priced. A distort cannon is no where near as
>good as a deth ray, but they seem to cost the same(the cannon has shorter
>range, and worse to hit)

Yeah, the D-cannon sucks compaired to the pulsar
the local Eldar doesn't use them anymore, but they are somewhat handy
if I run a Gargant heavy Mob. Saying that, I still would rather face
the D-cannon rather than Pulsars

> What I sort of wish they had done instead of making a whole new game
>was keep the 2ed game engine(i.e same CC system, for shooting do roll
> to hit, roll to save). And just clean up the special rules. Doomweavers
>do this, Shokk attack guns do this, ect.

a real big AGREE here

SM/TL was like a horse that was limping. "BANG" shot in the head.
it could have been fixed.
E40K isn't a bad system, it doesn't seem as good as SM could have been
in a 3rd Ed.

I don't like the More Units/Less Flavor that E40k represents

I DO like that E40k has army lists instead of cards.

that should have been fix #1 in a third Ed. of SM

mike