Re: [Epic] back

From: Robert Lenghaus <lenghaus_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:21:30 +1000 (EST)

> >Here's my first contribution to the melee. Anybody out there tried a
> >ravenwing type detachment backed up by a Warhound? I used one against an
> >ork army, and it caved in an entire flank, only suffered two casualties
> >and racked up about 20 kills. Extremly effective.
> >

> Wow ! How about a description of the battle in greater detail ? And what you
> mean by "ravenwing type detachment" ?

Errr I don't think I'll describe in much detail because of my rather
embarassing lapse where I let my warlord get jumped by a Mega Gargant, the
results were predictable.....

Anyway, my Ravenwing type detachment was 8 bikes 4 Landspeeders and 2
Predators, The Preds got wiped in the first turn when I was marching and
were the only casualties from this detach. On the second turn I enveloped
a kult of speed and with the Warhounds support obliterated them in a
firefight. There was a hill I used to keep in cover, I put the detach on
assault orders, in the movement I would hide, the warhound would try to
keep out of 30cm of the enemy (ork inf range, it still took a few hits
from stompers) then in assault I'd try position to get max firepower for
my side during the firefight.

Rob L.