Re: [Epic] Entertainment

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:32:06 -0400 (EDT)

>I made it!!!
>I' m on holiday, having just passed a terrifying exam, during which I
>managed to convert the Interrogator Captains an Inquisitor Lord to the
>worship of Nurgle:)

The inquisition has been notified.

>Aside from this I am going to begin a large summer campaign in many games:
>
>1) Battletech: how do you say this word?
>You say "ch" as in match, witch, watch, and all the other English words I
>can remember or you say it "k" as in technology?

It's pronounced as a K. It is an abreviation of technology.

>2) GW: What exactly is this Rogue Trader I often hear speaking about on the
>list?

Rouge trader is the first (?) incarnation of WH40K. It is a neat game
with a terribly written rules set and awesome art (IMO). The idea is
actually fairly different from the current 40k. Each player had a band
of merchants (rouge traders) that flew around the galaxy fighting other
rouge traders. The first suppliments were basically rouge traderz of
other races (freebooterz for orks). Your troops weren't actually
part of the official imperial army, and the game had much more of an
RPG feel to it.

>3) RPG: since E40K is not coming in Italy unlil September, and I have a
>well established RPG group I would like to know if a RPG based on the 40K
>(not fantasy battles) universe has ever been produced.

Can't help you here. I heard of a very unsuccessful 40k RPG (out of print)
but I might be confusing it with Warhammer Rollplay (fantasy). Rouge
trader is almost an RPG.

David