Re: [Epic] Ares Battle

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:32:00 -0400 (EDT)

>>Next week, the Guard of Ar�s V and the Red Dragons Chapter will
>>attempt
>>to stop the tyranids invasion of Ar�s V (in SM/TL).
>>
>> Here my army (3000 points) :
>>
>> 1 Devastator Company.
>> 1 Veteran Company with 3 Thunderhawk, lead by Chaplain.
>> 1 Artillery Company with Marauders.
>>
>> What do you think about it ? (I have never struggle against
>>Tyranids ).

> I think you should take some Titans, you will need some very
>deadly weapons to destroy as many tyranids as you can. Be careful,
>tyranids will not try to take the objectives, they only want to
>destroy your detachments (extra VPs for destroying ennemy
>detachments).

I would disagree on this particular point. Tyrannids can kill titans
fairly easily and get double VP for them. In a larger battle, Reavers
might be nice, but I don't think you want to give up any of your
companies to take them. I would stick to your current army list.

Deploy the devs and artillery together with good fields of fire and
you should be able to make the bugs sorry for coming too close. But
don't be totally defensive, or you will certainly lose. The veterens
and chickenhawks are a powerful offensive force that can put a
hurting even on the mighty bugs (especially with a chaplain). I think
you have designed a good bug hunting army, though I might consider
deathstrikes in place of the maraders (barrage missles for clearing
out the little bugs).

Good luck!