RE: [Epic] New to Epic

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:10:26 -0400

>Is it true that IG could once take beastmen? Although this is
>a bit weir=
d, it aptly demonstrates the way GW is stripping away
----> Yep IG could field beastmen but it wasn't so weird in the context
>of=
 the Rogue Trader universe. Beastmen were mutated humans. They
>were simi=
lar to Ogryn and Squats. All three were human derivatives.
>Abhumans I thi=
nk they were called. On a final note since abhumans were
>impure Space Mar=
ines refused to fight alongside them. An exception might have
>been made f=
or squats, it's been quite a while so I can't be sure.
>John

From the old =
40k squat list (compendium or compilation?):
Although the Legiones Astartes=
 shun serving with Abhumans wherever
possible, the Imperial Guard are quite=
 prepared to serve alongside Squats,
In return, Squat forces can often coun=
t on Imperial Guard contingents being
available to support them...

So no e=
xception for squats, except (doh!) that traitor squats could ally
with trai=
tor legions.

There was a final abuhuman, the Ratlings, who only serve with=
 the guard. Another interesting thing, is that with the exception of squats=
, who have their own worlds, the other abhumans only serve with the imperio=
um, although Orks can take ogryns.(Ogryns arn't bright enough to care, the =
orks just feed them.) And beastmen commonly serve chaos. Actually, now I th=
ink they have been made chaos only. (Actually, I'm not even sure if chaos c=
an take them. I've never seen one.)
---------------------------------------=
"Yo=
ur incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in th=
e Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and prece=
pts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of=
 all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore