RE: [Epic] [E40k] Battle Report

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:15:03 -0400

>>4) Blast markers didn't play a big part in this battle, with no unit
>>k=
eeping more then 1 after the rally phase, and FP not significantly
>>reduce=
d.

>>Troy
>
>I used to think that blast markers didn't play too much of =
a role in the
>game until we started using units which solely dealt out bla=
st markers. I
>haven't tried the nightspinners yet, but 16 biovores are re=
ally nasty! The
>enemy cannot move, cannot shoot and their army morale goe=
s down rapidly.

>Nightspinners are to expensive for what they do. Over tw=
ice the cost of a
biovore.
>Personally, don't think they are worth it.

Sp=
eaking from experience the night spinners are well worth it. The 90cm
arti=
llery range is really handy. Move to position, go on overwatch and put
4-5=
 BM per turn.(can only get 5 NtSpnr per detachment.) 30cm skimmer movt
mea=
ns nothing can catch you and you can get to position very quickly and
start=
 dishing out early.

One thing I wish is that they removed either the skimm=
er or artillary ability from it, the two are sort of redundant. They both a=
llow you to shoot regardless of terrarin. This means having both just drive=
s the cost up. Persoanlly, I'd lose the skimmer ability, the Doomweaver(anc=
estor of the night spinner, don't know why they changed the name) didn't ha=
ve it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumptions are=
 threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume=
 that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million=
 years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we ca=
re."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore