RE: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:40:56 -0500

>> P.S. : What will we see in it? I would guess some psychic rules, some
>> kind of alternate flyers & rules, and maybe some campaign stuff.
>>
>And maybe "official, allowed in tounaments" rules for Squats, Knights, and
>other units they overlooked in the re-re-release.
>
>But then they will be going directy against their own statement that there
>will be no expansions! They would _never_ do that, would they?
>
>--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
>"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune

----> Really, for squats I think you will have to wait until there's a
40K codex
before you see an E40K list & mini's. Knights? Well, you have to wait
til they
get done redoing all the mini's for the other armies you already have,
then they
will redo the knights.
        Actually, they are already adding new material to 40K - the upcoming
"Sisters of Battle" codex- and the Inquisition codex and Mechanicus
codex are
supposedly not far behind. The latest rumor is April '98 for WH40K 3rd
ed, and
the squats or a new badguy race (robot thingies or space skaven) are the
most
frequently rumored armies for inclusion. By this time, they should be
done with
 mini's for the existing 40K races in E40K...coincidence? I think not.
They seem
to like big releases in the fall more so than spring, so I'd bet Fall
'98 at the latest
for a 3rd ed 40K, and when they do, I'd bet on at least one new race in
it. When
that happens, you can bet there will be an E40K add-on.
        The most annoying thing is Knights are not really something I can see
being added to 40K (despite some people's need to use titans in 40K -
the models
 aren't big enough and the rules don't work. titans should be TERRAIN in
40K,
not force elements) so there really is no reason not to have them
already -
we're not waiting on a "knights" codex as far as I know...

Chris Miller