RE: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: Emmanuel BLONDIAUX <EBLONDIAUX_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 18:53:05 +0200

The only goal of GW is to make money, not make a good game.
So I think they=
 will make supplement or drop the game.

> ----------
> De : Ken Taborek[S=
MTP:oberon_at_...]
> R�pondre � : space-marine_at_...
> Date�:=
        mardi 22 juillet 1997 17:39

1997, Miller, Chris wrote:

> > >For this reason alone, I bet e40k doesn'=
t last long. If they keep
> > >their word, and don't make supplements=
, they won't get additional
> money
> > >out of the players who already bou=
ght the game. Therefore, they
> will drop
> > >the game due to "market con=
siderations".
> > >Still, it is a good game, and I'm enjoying it while it l=
asts.

> > >--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
> > >"Show respect f=
or age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random

 -----> Alone in the wilderness, I cling to my belief that we _will_
=
> > some
> > kind of expansion box for E40K. GW cannot resist this temptati=
on. If
> the
> > game sells at all well (which is an important qualificatio=
n right
> now)
> > we
> > will see some kind of expansion other than the Dw=
arf. "But it's
> complete
> > in the box" you say. So was man-o-war - rules=
 for al the races,
> ships
> > etc.
> > But they thought of more. They will=
 again. The only hedge I will
> make is
> > that if the game sinks utterly,=
 like space fleet, then we probably
> will
> > not,
> > but otherwise, it w=
ill come....

> > Chris Miller
> >
> > P.S. : What will we see in it? =
I would guess some psychic rules,
> some
> > kind of alternate flyers & rul=
es, and maybe some campaign stuff.

> And maybe "official, allowed in t=
ounaments" rules for Squats, Knights,
> and
> other units they overlooked i=
n the re-re-release.

> But then they will be going directy against their=
 own statement that
> there
> will be no expansions! They would _never_ do=
 that, would they?