Re: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 18:15:41 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 22-Jul-97 Re: [Epic] deathstrikes by Bayani R
Caes_at_bluewaters
> 60 Deathstrikes? My stomach's turning already. ("Is that a Harpoon
> Missile? No? Shucks.") I've been locally threatened with beatings if
> I field *one* Deathstrike under E40K rules!

Wow... I don't really like 'em, but I don't think I'd ban them
completely. Maybe allow only one detachment with Deathstrikes,
something like that. (Of course, that could still completely hose your
opponent, but....)

>Has anyone thought of a fix
> for Deathstrikes other than outright banning them?

Well, the main problem is that they're a Titan weapon on a vehicles with
no drawbacks compared to the other Titan weapons on vehicles. Heavy
Barrages, for example, can only fire every other turn on vehicles vs.
every turn on Titans; the Mega-Cannon costs twice as much as the
Deathstrike or any Heavy Arty. Offhand, since only allowing the
Deathstrike to fire every other turn just plain doesn't work, I'd say
increase the points cost. How much? I dunno, but this might open some
debate....

[snip]
> At least I'm not contributing to the running Squat joke! :)

That's 'cause I'd pound you when we get back to school. <B.E.G.>

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...
                    Squat Leader, Den'Len Fetch