Re: [Epic] Big Game, PBM

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:43:36 -0400

----------
> From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: RE: [Epic] Big Game, PBM
> Date: Wednesday, July 23, 1997 8:43 AM
>

> > We could play PBM! We devide the list into sides, everyone designs a
> > 50,000 pt army (we would need to decide the bad guys) and off we go.
> > That wouldn't take more than a couple of years/decades. And it's
> > not moving that'd kill you, it's the fire phase...
> >
> > Actually, it'd be kinda cool. We could field whole divisions of IG
> > and entire pre-heresy marine legions (alright, the blood angles
> arrive
> > this turn, all 10000 of 'em).
> >

> > I'd think it would Imperium and Allies against the bad guys!
> (Imp/tech Guard + Marines +Eldar vs Chaos+Orks with the tyranids
> thrown in as a wild card.) I wonder if this entire list has a million
> points.
> > Deploy something like this.
> >
> > Tyranid | Allies |Chaos + Ork
> > The Last Alliance or Battle of the 6 Armies. If we could pull it off
> I bet we'd get a mention in white dwarf.
> > (Wish I had that many guys. Probably got about 8K for E40K)
> >

> How exactly do you people PBM? (I asume it means play by mail)
>
> Christian.
>
> PS, I'll supply the Thrygan and Alseif IG regiments.

(shudder, shudder)
Feh? Non estes serioso, quineg?
I suppose it could be kinda fun... in a goofy sort of way.... I too am
curious how this could -Possibly- be done through any sort of PBM/PBeM
setup.
I think a more realistic idea would be to do a kind of campaign thing, with
a bunch of separate games linked by assumed common edges...perhaps if three
adjacent games all were won by the same side, it would count as a
breakthrough, and the side with more breakthroughs would win...or something
(vide my earlier thing on army sizes- it talks about table edges as the
edges of the next formation over.

Still realistic isn't necessarily good. Perhaps Epic attracts players with
irresistible compulsions to play really big battles....