Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:12:13 -0400

William,

Thanks for the tactical advice. I definitely appreciate posts like
yours which share successful tactics - I have used a detachment of 10
Guardians in Falcons with decent success as a firefight-winner.
Breaking a big detachment or a flank is always a good thing, even if
you don't get a chance to surround and destroy.

On that note, one error I thought I noticed is that you were moving
your guardians double move as part of the tactic in the assault phase.
They can only move double if they reach close combat, so they would be
able to actually move only 15cm (if starting disembarked) or 10 (if
disembarking. I would personally keep 'em in the wave serpents until
the end of the assault phase to give more mobility (unless you're
facing lots of AT shots in the shooting phase).

Anyway, thanks again.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius