Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:30:46 -0400

Eugene,

> I personally find it difficult to employ tactics such as you have
described
> successfully. The reason is overwatch. I do not generally attempt to
> destroy the enemy in cc, instead I try to blow him up. A competent
opponent
> can generally arrange to be on overwatch the turn of the big assault.
The
> casualties that will result when he fires at you may cause the
assault to
> fail, or, worse yet, may prevent you from launching the assault at
all,
> because of a failed leadership test.

Actually, I have found the Eldar to be the best at this, what with
their skimming fast transport tanks and their 30/45cm jump pack
warriors. Just don't pop up with them in the shooting phase and no one
will touch you until you get into assault. Obviously you need some
terrain to make this work, but it's usually viable.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius