RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:28:51 -0400

Eldar have the substantial advantage of easy access to Psykers. This makes=

their close assaults particularily fearsome.

The 'nid's do too, though, a=
nd trying to out-cc them is often futile. You
can pounce on the flanks, som=
etimes...

>Also, this tactic just plain
> "looks" cool on the table top.

=
Always an advantage, I must admit.

From your comments, I surmise that you =
are an Eldar players. You mentioned that you like to blow up your opponents=
 rather than CC them. I would like to know how you would do this. I'm eldar=
 commander and I've tried. Eldar just have no firepower anymore. And what t=
hey do have cost to much. Also, Eldar artillary is not that effective. Yes,=
 you place BM's but unless you place 5 or more. (Which requires 7 Nightspin=
ners on overwatch) then it does not do whole lot. I wish I had artillary th=
at killed things. I'm just interested in you tactics here. I normally play =
imperials by the way.
-----------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect a=
ssumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxie=
s"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the l=
ast 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to ass=
ume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore