Re: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:28:03 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> > Dethstrike darn well better be one-shot! The missile is one-shot
> > on a titan, how do you propose to reload it on a vehical. As for
> > Pulsas I'd look at the points value, if they are really cheap,
> > they are one-shot, if not, they fire every turn. I think they are
> > not one-shot now, because they don't do anything kool anymore,
> > they are just disrupt weapons.
>
> Otay. Here it is from the Tome of Arcane Wisdom (the Battles book) p. 17:
>
> "Finally, there are the one-shot Dethstrike missle launchers. They
> cary huge Vortex missles, similar to those mounted on the carapaces
> of Battle Titans. These are the ultimate tank hunters, able to crush
> squardrons of enemy tanks or inflict crippling damage on war engines
> with a single deadly shot"

        The description of 'Vortex' at the back of the Rules
book also states that it is "one-shot".

> That's as clear as it's gonna get. It says they are one shot, but
> never really defines what that means (typical GW).

        Uhm... that you get one shot with it? Seems kinda
self explainitory to me. But it could be the case that since
the term already had a well-known definition in the previous
edition, the designers didn't bother to think that new players
might not know what it means.

> As for the Pulsa rokkits, page 46, no mention is made of them being
> one-shots, so presumabley they are not.

        Pulsas are priced similarly to Support Weapons, and
have similar stats (but switch AT for Disrupt). So it would
stand to reason that they are not one shot weapons. Besides,
there's really nothing in the rules to indicate they are
(just the appearance of the model).

Scott
shupes_at_...