RE: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:44:57 -0500

>Otay. Here it is from the Tome of Arcane Wisdom (the Battles book) p. 17:
>
>"Finally, there are the one-shot Dethstrike missle launchers. They
>cary huge Vortex missles, similar to those mounted on the carapaces
>of Battle Titans. These are the ultimate tank hunters, able to crush
>squardrons of enemy tanks or inflict crippling damage on war engines
>with a single deadly shot"
>
>That's as clear as it's gonna get. It says they are one shot, but
>never really defines what that means (typical GW).
>
>As for the Pulsa rokkits, page 46, no mention is made of them being
>one-shots, so presumabley they are not.
>
>David

----> I was looking at this last night myself, and in the army list, you
can
make a deathstrike unit your HQ (IG Artillery unit). In SM/TL, once the
missile was fired, you just removed the carrier (I believe). What do we
do now? The carrier has its own stats, so...
        The reason I ask is that I have the traditional 6 basilisk + 3
bombard arty co from SM/TL. Now, you can have 10 units, so I could add
one more if I want, so I considered adding a deathstrike. What if it's
the HQ?
kinda weird, huh?
        (also, however worried you are about vortex missiles in this
version, I reallydon't think they're as devastating as the barrage
missiles
in SM/TL. Bad, but not that bad...)

Chris Miller