Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:14:36 -0400

> I thought that a Guardian on a bike was the same price as a
> Harlequin on a bike. (upgrade is cheaper for the harlie?) So it
> doesn't matter what their AV used to be, you're buying 15 point bikes
> for your detachment so you aren't really losing any.

You're right about the price, but it makes me feel I'm losing something
- the guardians actually gain armor and movement by upgrading to
jetbikes, whereas Aspects lose assault in a big way and gain movement.
I should look at it the way you do - from that perspective, the only
disadvantage is not being able to take those extra five vypers in
support, so you will have a jetbike detachment that gives up morale a
bit sooner and has a shorter range. Not a big deal, really and they
look very cool.

> Ugh. I'm still trying to figure out how to model the Harlequin
> Jetbike. I can't find materials I like.

If you mean as far as the mask on the bike, I decided to not even touch
that with putty. I'm just using paint to try to bring across the right
look.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius