Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:13:19 -0400

----------
> From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique
> Date: Thursday, July 24, 1997 9:25 AM
>

> >"Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> >> ups. I'm gonna have to check that skimmer in cc being shot by
> >> anyone though...
> >
> > It's because they aren't pinned by anything, and shooting into
> >a CC is determined by whether your intended target is pinned.
>
> Yeah I found that last night...does make it harder with the bikes
> especially...
>
> >> ----> The Eldar have gained in firepower, if anything. Guardians at
2fp?

> > Yeah, that is sounding better these days, with the ability to
> >put your transport on march orders.
> >
> >> The Aspects seem to be damn nasty, and with an Exarch...
> >
> > Nasty, or nasty with respect to firepower? They're mean, I'll
> >admit, but it didn't seem like shooting people was their primary role.
>
> No I meant that "4" assault value. I am disappointed at the lack
> of shooty aspects, but I guess the guardians make up for it...
>
> >> Miss the old serpent shields but the new one is a useful vehicle,
> >> especially when teamed with the Doomweaver (whatever they call it
now).

> > Mmm. I'll have to try that. I've been trying to decide what
> >to use in a detachment with these things, as they're support squads,
> >right?
> >
> >Mark
>
> I'd go with something like the tactic being thrown around now - dump as
> many disrupt weapons into one enemy detatchment and then plow into them
> with aspect warriors.
> As far as organization, assuming you want to keep the doomweavers
> back in a seperate detach...I guess some guardians with some aspects to
> keep the riff-raff off. Doeas anybody use the a-g platforms ? They look
> OK to
> me, but what do we know from experience out there?
>
> Chris Miller

Anti-Grav platforms are really very useful: anti-tank shots are
particularily nice agaist 'Nid's and Imperials. They are a bit on the slow
side, but at 13 points who's complaining? Also, because they count as
infantry, you can put them in falcons etc. For Eldar players who are
disappointed by the percieved decrease in Eldar fp, they are one of the
andtidotes.