Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Justin <iluvatar_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:12:08 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:
> Yeah, I always tried to minimize casualties by fielding lots
> of bikes (two dead Guardians (now 3) as opposed to 5) and vehicles.
> But fielding Dreads and Wraithguard don't particularly work for the
> Eldar. There's a dead hero inside each one, and by installing it in a
> war machine, it's no longer contributing to the infinity circuit in
> the craftworld. Although the Eldar themselves seem to have forgotten
> the last hope of the race (I haven't seen it in fluff for a while),
> they're hoping to create something to rival Slaneesh by collecting
> enough Eldar souls in an infinity circuit. I think.
>
> Mark

<lurk mode off> I've always done well with a Warhost, pretty nasty
amounts of fire with all those Guardians and Falcons. Plus, my opponents
always tend to try for the Falcons. How many crew in a Falcon, 2 or 3
maybe?, compared to a squad of 5. I agree on increased use of Spirit
Hosts but I've always wondered how durable spiritstones are. Otherwise,
if the machine is pulverized by say a Titan weapon, the spirit is
released into the warp and damned, hunted down by Slaanesh and all.
Wouldn't all Eldar be kind of scared? I would be if I were risking
eternal damnation in every battle.
   Interesting bit about a rival to Slaanesh. I don't think I've ever
seen that before. You'd need a large critical mass of spirits though,
prolly more than one Infinity Circuit. Hmm...isn't the symbol of
Asuryan the phoenix? Rebirth from death...interesting... <lurk mode on>

   Justin