RE: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 00:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

---"Miller, Chris" wrote:

> ----> I was looking at this last night myself, and in the army list,
you
> can
> make a deathstrike unit your HQ (IG Artillery unit). In SM/TL, once
the
> missile was fired, you just removed the carrier (I believe). What do
we
> do now? The carrier has its own stats, so...
> The reason I ask is that I have the traditional 6 basilisk + 3
> bombard arty co from SM/TL. Now, you can have 10 units, so I could
add
> one more if I want, so I considered adding a deathstrike. What if
it's
> the HQ?
> kinda weird, huh?
> (also, however worried you are about vortex missiles in this
> version, I reallydon't think they're as devastating as the barrage
> missiles
> in SM/TL. Bad, but not that bad...)
>
> Chris Miller

Actually, you leave them on the table (I remove the missile from mine
to leave an empty launcher). Quoted from Space Marine Battles,
Imperial Guard tactics, "After the missiles have fired, move the
launcher in front of some valuable support unit where there meagre
assault capabilities might save the day!"

Sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately 2 out of three dead
launchers = 3 VP's. However, I did this once. And ork Battlewagon
charged one of my bombards, and the Deathstrike launches rammed into
the side of it, and actually won the ensuing close combat. Just one
of the freaky times when what is explained in the fluff actually comes
true on the tabletop.

Christian.