Re: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 02:37:36 +0200 (MET DST)

At 03:28 PM 24/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> may seem to the E40K guys, I think they're toned down from what they
>> were. Still unpleasant, but not a win-the-game-in-one-turn type thing
>
>> anymore.
>
>After reading your descriptions and feeling rather nauseous, I think
>I'll be grateful that I never played my occasional IG opponent under
>SM/TL.

Actually, I think he overstated their effectiveness. They only move 10-60cm
per turn (random roll d6x10) and in the first turn it must be straight
ahead. In the next turn(s), the roll the same thing but if they roll a "6"
they run out of fuel and have to attack something that turn or not at all.
I frequently shoot them down with command stands - you move the missiles in
the FF phase, so it is possible for a commander to move to near the missile
and shoot it before it moves.

These things hardly ever work if you want to expend some effort in stopping
them, but if you just ignore them and hope they go away I guess you could
well be sorry...

Agro