Re: [Epic] Barrage Templates

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 02:12:28 -0600 (CST)

>> Cons: A player who is trying to space his detachment to minimise
>> casualties, but estimates poorly and has 2 units within 6 cm does
>have
>> those 2 covered by just 1 template, but by all of them.
>>
>> Troy
>>

>I can see what you mean, but I think it could prove to be a bit
>unfair. eg. my Space Marine opponent spaces his detachment out (say
>20 models), so as to minimize casualties from artillery. They are all
>about 10cm from each other, except for two that are only say 4cm
>apart. My 10 siege artillery units then rain down 10 barrage
>templates onto these unlucky two, giving a total FP of 40 against the
>entire detachment. This means that the troops that ARE really spread
>out still get clobbered (well, they would anyway 8-).
>
>Christian

Exactly, that is the bad part of doing it this way. However, if you are
consistent, and know that can happen, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
It will be easier to spread out small detachments, and big detachments
should suffer more from artillery anyway. The places where units are
forced to be close (gullies, roads, etc) are ones that would attract more
fire.

In the couple games I have played so far, barrages have almost always hit 2
units - only a couple have hit 1 or 3+. I pretty much consider a barrage a
FP 2 attack now...

Troy