Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:48:06 -0500

> Perhaps I have misinterpreted the rules, but on page 16 of the epic 40k
> rulebook it says "A player can always opt to pass on an opportunity to
> shoot, waiting until later in the shooting phase." That seemed fairly
> clear.
>
> Eugene (feeling slightly intimidated by the stern gaze of the Q&A guy)

Well, smack me silly. It does say that doesn't it? My apologies for
clouding the issue. This is one of those cases where knowing the
old rules so well is actually a disadvantage; it leads to reading right
over things like that. Sorry!

Several other posts have pointed out that the rules don't say what should
happen if both players want to pass. Does the shooting phase end, or
must one player fire? I'll add this to the next batch of Q&A to Jervis.
It's been a while since I sent the last batch; I begin to fear that it
may have gotten lost. I'll try and check on this.

Many people have also asked about stacking barrage templates. The rules
seem to indicate that you can. In any event, this question was included
in the last batch to Jervis.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.