Re: [Epic] Barrage Templates

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:42:16 -0500

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> The barrage will effect a tightly packed unit stronger than it will
> effect a dispersed unit, that is the relevance of the templates,
> therefore, only allowing the barrages to affect the units under the
> template goes against the feel of the game, and will also slow it down.
>
> Steve

But a lot of barrages on 3 close-together units affects the whole
detachment, even if that detachment is widely spread except for
the three. Even a single template covering those three shows it.
Having those 3 together doesn't make the detachment of however many
units tightly packed.

Many barrage templates that do not overlap do get a better estimate
of the "packedness" of the detachment. For a mixed target (some
units close, some far), some of the barrage templates would cover
more, some less. It would work out OK. I'd consider only allowing
overlaps when a detachment has been covered as a compromise, but
I still lean towards the rule Steve objects to above.

andy
askinner_at_...