Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:08:37 -0500

> > Q: On p. 90 of the armies book, the Chaos cultist detachment is listed as
> > being able to purchase a support weapon battery of 1 to 3 units. What are
> > these weapons? Are they the same as the Imperial support weapons?
>
> Oh, come on. What the heck else would they be?
> I realize there's no stats for them in the cultist section,
> but it's not like that's surprising or anything - the
> Armies Book is full of oversights and errors, especially
> when it comes to what should have been simple cut & paste
> jobs (in this case, pasting a subset of the imperial stats
> into the cultist section).

> Scott

Yeah, I know. If the answer comes back as anything other than the same
as the Imperial unit then I will be surprised. However, this guy did
ask a question with an answer not found in the rule books. He followed
all of the criteria I outlined when I opened the forum, and I'm not
going to tell anyone "your questions is stupid" unless I have to. Besides,
you said yourself that the Armies book is full of errors. Maybe support
weapons shouldn't even be in the chaos list, or maybe chaos was supposed
to have a really weird unit.