RE: [Epic] Blast markers on titans

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:17:49 -0500

> "But I LIKE my Warlord trio with 4 death rays each - it's not FAIR that
> it's affected that easily. I think this should go to the rulezboyz to
> make
> sure, 'cause I bet death rays are immune to blast markers.
> I mean, it's not like 12 death rays are going to unbalance anything -
> that's only 10 hits a turn average, with instant crits on war engines.
> They
> are just too weak if this "blast marker thing" is right."
>
> Chris Miller
> (who had something resembling this conversation
> not too long ago. His response to my repetition of
> the first statement above, was "well it hasn't been
> in White Dwarf yet." <sigh> Sometimes being ahead
> of the game and *informed* can actually be a penalty.
> Told him I was going to have to hold a clue-a-thon for
> him in the end 'cause he was a serious munchkin
> weiner...)

This seems typical of the conversations I overhear when I walk past a
WH40K table. Geez. Arguing fine points of the rules is one thing.
Arguing that your units should be immune to the rules is something else.
Go to my web pages and print out all of the errata and addenda that was
required in the SM/TL edition of the game. Next time this guy starts
a weiner-fest, start macking him with the print-out stack until he
see reason.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.