[NetEpic ML] Re: Discussion Points: Pruning

From: Ian McDowall <idm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:01:06 +0000

>[HEAVY INFANTRY]
>A) One 'Heavy' infantry company or detachment may be taken per
>tactical/guardian company. <Restriction applies to Imperial Guard, Space
>Marines, Eldar Guardians>

I am not sure that we really need this extra rule but I won't object if
others want it.
>[ELDAR FREE CARDS]
>A) Unless explicitely agreed to by your opponent you may only select from
>the free cards noted under "Craftworld Free Cards".
>B) If the battle is less then 2000 points then the Eldar do not get any free
>cards or the Avatar. <obviously not important enough for him to show up>
>C) Optional Rule 1: Any Eldar detachment of 300 points or less may be
>selected as the players Free Card if he notes that he is not part of a
>previously detailed craftworld. The opponent must agree to the use of this
>optional rule BEFORE forces are chosen. Alternately, the player may take a
>300 point 'discount' on any card - and the discounted card is now counted as
>a Special card for force selection purposes.

A) Yes
B) OK
C) OK as an optional rule. It would be nice to be able to have your own
free card if you aren't being cheesy. I can see various possible cheese
options here but as long as it's optional they should be OK.
>[VORTEX MISSILES: RARITY]
>A) Before the battle roll a D6, on a result of 1 or 2 the army commander has
>decided that the battle is not important enough to commit a rare Vortex
>missile and the missile must be replaced by another support missile - the
>point cost for the vortex missile is still spent, and a support weapon that
>costs more then the vortex missile may not be selected as a replacement.
>B) No more then one vortex missile may be mounted on a Titan.
A) seems a bit harsh but then again, I wouldn't get a Vortex missile so
what do I care :-)
B) seems reasonable.

>[VORTEX MISSILES: DAMAGE]
>A) Nothing changes
OK with me.

>[BLAST TEMPLATES]
>A) Templates may not overlap.
>B) A model must have its center point (of the actual model - not its base)
>covered to be affected by a template weapon.
>or
>C) Target is affected if the blast template covers the model, even if only
>partially. No target may be hit more then once for the same firing units
>attack (ie artillery battery or artillery weapon) even if touched by
>multiple templates fromt hat attack or weapon.
A) - but phrase it differently. It may not be possible to avoid
overlapping but just sa that there is no increased effect from overlaps.
C) is easy and may save arguments over whether or not a template reaches
the centre.

Ian McDowall, The Automation Partnership(Cambridge) Ltd
Registered Office: Melbourn Science Park, Royston, Herts, SG8 6HB, UK
Registered in England, Company No:2823205 http://www.autoprt.co.uk
Tel: +44 1763 262026 x212 Fax: +44 1763 262613 mailto:idm_at_...

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic