[NetEpic ML] Re: boarding action

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:28:18 +0000

Hi!

Kutasi Zolt�n wrote:

> >I agree with your appreciation of the Mega-Gargants weaknesses. I urge you
> use
> >the net epic solution of giving the mega-gargant the 2D6 save just like th
> >Imperator.
>
> In NetEpeic it has a 2d6 save?

Yes. It really goes a long way in making this titan viable.

> Otherwise it's still subject to boarding.
> The movment penalty reduce the efficiency of the self defence fire.
> So if it moves, it's easy prey for vehicle mounted enemy assault troops even
> from greater distance. They can occupy it just merely using numerical
> superiority because the number of the defenders are limited to 10 krew
> counters.

Hmm... I never really seen anyone try boarding it because the troops inside
would get first fire at them as they go in, no to mention any of the gargant s
firepower. Also since there is no pinning involved targets on first fire
elsewhere can pick them off before close combat begins.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic