[NetEpic ML] Re: Fight Cheese with Cheddar

From: Michele Heidal <gizmo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:00:36 -0000

Hello!!

A simple answer. When GW put objectives in the game, it was to even up the
armies, for they favored the heck out of the marines in the army list.And
made up for that with objectives. For orks and eldar to go for, for they,
have a hard time playing a shoot out or hand to hand fight game against
marines. So, they gave them some fast moving companies to flank and grab
objectives, Hence, My old marine jet bike modles from 1st epic game that
they did away with in 2nd.( could use some rules for these please) We at
are gaming group have found, that it is better to play half objectives. This
still leaves leadway for the weaker force to get vp, ork not being able to
hit braod side of barn, or eldar that are out numbered 2 to 1. This way you
get alot of fighting plus if you don,t watch your back the game could be
stolen from you by objectives. What do you think!!! Good rule!!
Example (3000 = 30 vp so only 15 vp of objectives)
The rest come from broke or destroyed units. When faced with odd number of
objective simply place the one left over dead center of battlefield, no dumb
roll off, for the poor guy that always rolls low. This way of playing has
not slowed game play at all, most only being 1 long being 2 1/2 hours for
3000 pt armies