[NetEpic ML] Re: Grey Knight discussion

From: Michele Heidal <gizmo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:04:37 -0000

Good point here!!! maybe alittle tweeking needs to be done. For if they are
to be given orders then a teloport move would be considered a charge ( only
thing they can do that turn). To teloport right in to HTH combat calls for a
good roll on dice anyway. To be able to charge right in takes away the
effect of warp storms and other horrers in the warp, even thuo the are
guided by the emporer himself. Example ( scatter die + 2 d6 = 12cm they may
charge up to 20cm) now that has no effect on the scatter roll. To make it
fair, say no one may target them when they teloport in for they would be to
surprised to be able to fire at them like you did for the slann mecks, then
they may be targeted like any other unit or comand stand, for they will most
of they time be the only unit there. Or say they may only fire in advanced
fire when teloported. Now keep in mind the Grey Knights are not gods just SM
that were trained not to fear deamons, and the psychic effect they have over
others. They would be how ever tought to fight to the last man and work as
an independent unit. The weapons that they use would call for beter then
regular terminators CAF of +6, for they were made to kill deamons. Maybe up
it to +8 or 9 to equal a greater deamon witch they would be sent in to kill,
even if it took all 4 of them to do it. This way it would take 2 or more
normal stands to kill them in HTH. As for giving them orders, the commander
on the feild of battle would not even know the Emporer sent them in.