[NetEpic ML] Re: Is Epic dead in your area?

From: Darius \ <darius.spano_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:35:18 -0500

Net Epic,
Net Epic is strong in my area, we have 9 players and 7 of them play
regulary, once a week. It is important to have a gaming place and a
schedule. We usually can play 4 games an evening, 4 hours or so.

Space Marine wasn't strong but has taken off in our area because of the
number of people who have lost interest in WHFB and dissappointment with the
new 40k rules.

GW has left Epic out to dry in my opinion. Creating good pieces on a poor
schedule and little support through their trade journal the White Dwarf.
Target games is releasing Chronopia Empires this summer and it looks like
the Epic War Hammer that never came to be. So once again GW has missed an
opportunity to meet their consumers' needs.

The future of Epic is dim. What new releases have been planned? Their new
version flopped because it was too simplified, too expensive and lacked any
kind of support that a product needs to survive.

I hope it does survive but I am a realist and have been securing pieces via
Bartertown where the deals are good.
Darius

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/netepic