[NetEpic ML] Re: No Subject

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 22:53:18 +0000

Hi!

Jim Muncy wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Here is a few questions mabe you guys can shine some light on:
>
> 1. Do you have to have a Primarch to buy the company of choas space marines or can
> you buy them and attach them to a grreater deamon?

Yes. The chaos marine chapters are only fielded when the primarch is in play.

> 2. Please explain about arty that has a fixed value but the book says to combine
> the values for the barrage factor.

Most artillery you add each models barrage point value and reference it on th table to
get the too hit value. That is is a detachments of bombards (3 barrage points each)
fire it ewould have a total of 9 barrage points when it is fired in unison as a
battery. According to the barrage table 9 barrage points gives a 3+ to hit any model
under the template. Now you may elect to fire each model inidividually thuis covering
more ground (a template for each) but at 3 barrage points each model that gives you a
5+ to hit. Clear enough?

> 3. how does the plague work for the nurgle war machines.

Fire the weapon in range, if you hit the model is dead but don't remove it, put on a
side then in the next orders phase place a barrage template on each overturned model,
any models touched by the template can be hit with a roll of 4+ and then must make an
unmodofied save (if it has one) to survive. After this casualties can then affect
others and cycle begins anew.

Peter