[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan question

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 22:57:58 +0000

Hi!

J�rgen Rosberg wrote:

> Hi, I'm a kinda newbie to netepic, it looks great and I can't wait to try it on. But there are some things that I can't grasp
>
> 1) How is a barrage hit on a titan (or anything with a template) resolved? Lets say, for example, that a basilisk battery strikes a reaver class titan. Does this only yeild one 4+hit (that could be saved with just one roll) ? As this represent a barrage of shells something like a hit per basilisk stand (on 6+) would seem more "realistic" (or perhaps a 4+hit per stand?).

If the titan has functional shields then roll to hit as normal according to the batteries BP's. If you hit ONE shield is down. If the titan is shieldless, do the same procedure but after you hit, roll the scatter dice to determine where the barrage concentrates the most (just like any other shot). Once the location is determined save for it as normal.

> 2) The flickering Gargant power fields. For exampel: A Slasha Gargant with 3 remaining power fields is struck, should I roll three "flicker tests" (6+) for each shot or just once for all fields per shot?

Once per shot that hits. If the opponent hits once roll one flicker, if he hits 10 times roll for ten flickers.

Peter